Friday, March 21, 2014

The United Dates of Sarah - Intro!




















This isn't a dating guide and this isn't a pity party but tales of The United Dates of Sarah!


I wanted to start this blog because I, like many others, have had experiences as a single person that are pretty unbelievable. The things I will be writing about are my first dates, first "encounters" and entertaining fall outs I have had with guys in the past. 


To begin, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Sarah, I'm 24 years old and I'm just looking for a normal guy! This seems like a simple request but let me tell you...no! It's not! I've recently graduated from college and started a full time job. With this full time job comes almost no free time and with no free time, how am I supposed to meet someone? Well, I'll tell ya! Dating sites, dating apps, speed dating...anything virtual and/or easy! Online dating is like shopping. You look through the many options and if you see one that you like, you pick it up, try it on, and maybe, eventually buy it....if you like it and it fits and...well you get the point. 


Like others, I have learned what I want in my P.I.C. (Partner In Crime) and apparently it's super hard to find! I mean, I will tell you tales of ghost hunters, fathers, druggies, crazies..just to name off some of my previous experiences. 


First, I should tell you, my roommate and I have nicknamed every guy I have ever gone out with. SO, in this blog I won't be putting these guys on blast and revealing their true identities, kind of like batman. I will be nicknaming them. Don't act like you don't do the same thing or label girls a number. Everyone does it :P It's hard to remember names, especially if two people have the same name! It's just easier.


So let's see, what else? Oh yes! Where might I find these gems you ask?! I'll tell ya! They come from far off places like Tinder, match.com, eHarmony, Ok Cupid, Plenty of Fish, coffee meets bagel, Hurry date and Jdate. Yes, I'm Jewish which also means one more thing...I have a Jewish mother aka an in house match maker... you'll be hearing a lot more about her later.


I don't want you to think I'm putting these sites and apps down! The first time I subscribed to Jdate, I met my (ex)Boyfriend but since then...yeah..it's all gone down hill. It's like, first time's the charm right? Anyways, I told my co-worker to get on Tinder and the next day she had met someone!! Fast forward to 4 months later, and they're still together...Meanwhile, I've been on it for a year and stillll nothing. The sites work BUT like the saying goes, you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Although, some of these guys are something else, so be careful and make sure they don't have anything you could catch before you kiss the frog. 


Being 24 and on these sites/apps is taboo but I'm here to tell you, GET OVER IT! Who cares how you meet someone, as long as you meet someone. My theory is, why fish with a fishing pole if you could fish with a net? You catch more that way!  


I'm so excited to share all of my past and present experiences with you! I hope this blog shows that we aren't alone in our journey to find love...or whatever you're looking for. If you have a funny story, please send me an email at: TheUnitedDatesOfSarah@gmail.com.


I will be posting a new story and experience at lease once a week and your story might be included so make sure to keep reading :). My next blog will be about a dad, ghost hunter and a poker dealer. Stay tuned.


In the meantime, please enjoy some of the one sided conversations below. The first four are ones that were sent to me, and the last one was a convo my co-worker had with someone..Oy!.....ummm nuff said:




















2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,

    Let me introduce a bit about myself. My name is Garrison and I'm a recent graduate with a bachelor degree in system administration. I landed my first ever full time employment at an non-profit organization in Austin, TX, ten months ago.

    Your blog definitely helped me to understand better. I'm on the same boat as you. All I'm looking for a regular girl with good personalities. I've had been to three - to be exact - different dating online for the last 8 months and I have found nothing. All I can see is random & unresponsive posts on those websites. I reversed what I did and I finally decided to attend social events on some weekends. I started meeting some new girls at the social events. Yes, I like most of them but I’m still looking for the right one I want to date. I know it takes time for me to find the right young girl with similar personalities. I have realized that going to the social events on some weekends are the best option for me. I also begin hosting a social event on Saturday which happens 2x a month and I teach american sign language & have conversations with those new people. This helps me to meet more various girls. I will never know I would run into the right girl of my dreams. All I really need are motivations that enable me to get going. Maybe you could start going to some social events on weekends when you have time. Maybe you could find some social events at bars. I assume you don’t like drinking beer but you can meet a guy of your dreams. I don’t like drinking but I still go there with a couple of friends while looking for a girl to hang out and/or date.

    I’m glad you were able to share your experience on your first blog here. I can’t stop you from doing this. I totally agree with you about those “stupid” (lol) dating online where we felt help-less. I prefer to meet in person & get to know each other better than getting glued to an instant messenger & develop misunderstandings to each other. Anyways, keep it up, Sarah! I will keep reading your blogs weekly and I will share my experience with you and everybody as well. :) I bet your blogs in the near future will inspire me immensely and help me to understand better.

    Your Soon-To-Be-Friend,
    Garrison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahah im just starting to read through these and know this is gonna be gold! I can't believe someone said he was willing to make the same mistake twice! Haha

    ReplyDelete