Monday, May 12, 2014

The United Dates Of Sarah - The Check List - Entry 8

First of all, check out this awesome new logo :) If you're interested in something like this, contact Regina: reginarose18@gmail.com 



This next statement is a public service announcement. 

If you're on Tinder or OkCupid or Hinge or whatever, and you're talking to someone for a long time and you plan on meeting up, then meet up or else someone is going to think they've been catfished.

On Saturday my friend and I went to a bar to meet a guy she had been talking to for 2 months. They talked on the phone and they even had a mutual friend! He called when I was with her telling us about the plans for the night! We get to the bar at the time she had discussed with him earlier, she texted him twice and called him. What happens next you ask, he didn't get back to her until the next morning....a catfish? Maybe. An idiot? Definitely! 

We told him we'd be there around 11 and he said he'd make sure we'd get in right away if there was a wait. After an hour of waiting for him to contact her back, we left. My friend said, "He's definitely going to text or call after all of this and I can't wait until he does because I'm going to ignore him   for-ev-er." Can you believe someone would go through all of the trouble to contact you, make plans, and not show up? My mind is blown. 

There were red flags though: 1) he only had one picture on tinder 2) he would never give her enough notice for when he did come into town. He'd ask to hang out on a Friday at 1. Ummm some of us work. 

Anyways, he ended up texting her back the next morning:




Can you believe that?  He says, "no way how sad" the next morning? What an idiot.

Anyways, on to a guy we like to call Catan. 

We call him that because I love the game Settlers Of Catan. Call me a nerd but the game is so fun! 

Anyways, the reason why we call him that is because his first message to me on OkCupid went a little something like this: 

Catan: Hey! I'll trade you a sheep and a wheat for an ore? Or a wood for a brick? 

As weird as this sounds, it got me :P He was speaking the language of a board game I love so I had to write back. 

We talked for a couple days and then decide to meet up. He told me he would be wearing his glasses instead of contracts. That's fine with me...I mean, I'm sure it'll be fine. Although it was interesting that in all of the photos posted, he wasn't wearing glasses in any...oh well.

When I meet him, I could of sworn it was Harry Potter I was meeting. The glasses were bottle cap glasses and as thick as could be. Nothing wrong with that, but he looked blind...not to mention, ummm he basically was!! I tried on his glasses and it was nothing like I had ever seen before. That wouldn't entirely turn me away though...

We start talking and he's telling me how he is house sitting for a woman  but she won't be back for months so he's just staying there taking care of her sick cat.

Me: So you just take care of the cat all day? 

Catan: Yeah, he's on an I.V. so he requires a lot of attention.

Me: That's really sad. So what do you do for work? 

Catan: Nothing.

I felt really bad about the cat BUT is it soooo hard to ask for a guy who has all of the following (In no particular order):

     - A job
     - A good relationship with his family
     - A degree
     - Goals/Motivation
     - Good Morals and Values
     - Doesn't smoke
     - Honest and Respectful
     - A sense of humor and who can have a good time
     - Independent
     - Someone who's Healthy/Knows how to cook 

I mean, is it really that hard? This guy had no goals and no job! I felt really bad. He was really nice but IT definitely wasn't there. 

So we said our goodbyes and that was it. 

I mean really? I'm not saying that I have a checklist, but I have standards (some listed above)...Is it so wrong to want what you want?



Don't forget to email me any stories you may have TheUnitedDatesOfSarah@gmail.com
And Follow Me On Twitter @UntDatesOfSarah and like the Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/TheUnitedDatesOfSarah


I post new blogs ever MONDAY! If you're interested in subscribing, scroll all the way down and it should say "subscribe" :)
  
My friend decided to have a little fun on Tinder these past couple of days: 





No comments:

Post a Comment